Drumstick leaves are a good source of vitamins, iron, calcium and antioxidants.
Murungai Keerai (Drumstick Leaves) – 1 bunch
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 30
Garlic – 20 cloves
Salt as per taste
Tamarind – 1 small ball, seedless
Oil – little
1. Clean and spread out the murungai keerai under the sun for 2 days.
2. Dry roast until crisp and remove.
3. Allow it to cool and grind to a fine powder.
4. Separately dry roast the sesame seeds and urad dal.
5. Add little oil to a pan and fry the dry red chillies for a minute.
6. Cool and grind all the ingredients, except drumstick leaves powder and salt, in a mixer to a fine powder.
7. Add the salt and drumstick leaves powder.
8. Blend well and remove.
9. Serve with hot rice and ghee or with idli or dosa.
Hello, when is the garlic added ?
Garlic is to be added at step #6.