Dal Palak (or Spinach Dal) is a very popular North Indian dish made with lentils and spinach. Nutritious and healthy, it is often served as a side dish to roti, chapati or naan.
Moong Dal (or Bengal Gram Dal) – 2 cups
Palak – 2 cups, cleaned, washed, finely chopped
Onions – 4, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4 to 5, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 3 to 4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – littele
Mustard Seeds – little
Cumin Seeds – little
1. Pressure cook the dal and lightly mash them.
2. Cook the palak with enough water until the leaves start to wilt.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds and mustard seeds for 20 seconds.
5. Add the onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
6. Saute for a minute.
7. Add the ground palak, cooked dal, salt and garam masala powder.
8. Stir and mix well.
9. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from flame.
10. Add lemon juice and mix again.
11. Serve as a side dish to roti, chapati, naan or with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !