A simple, delicious and tasty snack for all. Serve with sauce or chutney.
Tofu – 125 gms
Curd – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Wooden Skewers – few, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Tomato – 1, firm ones, cut into cubes
Capsicum – 1/2 cup, seeds removed, cubed
Onion – 1, cubed
1. Mix the curd, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Chop the tofu into small pieces.
3. Add the tofu pieces to the curd mixture and keep aside for 60 to 90 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Discard any excess marinade and fry the tofu pieces in hot oil until light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Skewer the tofu pieces, tomatoes, capsicum and onions, one or two per skewer.
8. Serve at once.
Alternatively if you have an oven follow the steps #1 to #3.
4. Skewer the tofu pieces and the vegetables.
5. Place it in a preheated oven at 400F/200C and cook until golden brown and crisp.
6. Remove and serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !