750gms any large fish (clean and cut into pieces)
1 coconut (grated)
1 medium onion
1 inch piece ginger
4-5 cloves of garlic
5 green chillies
3 medium sized potatoes
1/2 turmeric powder
3 tbsp chopped green coriander
salt to taste
oil as needed
1. Clean and cut fish
2. Take out 3 extracts of coconut milk.
3. Keep the first extract aside.
4. Mix the remaining two extracts together.
5. Slice onions, ginger, garlic and chillies.
6. Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces.
7. Heat oil and fry the onions till brown.
8. Add the turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, chillies and salt.
9. Fry for a while.
10. Add the cubed potatoes and cook till soft.
11. Add the fish and the thin extract of coconut milk.
12. Cook till done.
13. Add the thick milk and bring to boil.
14. Add vinegar and remove from flame.