1/4 kg Dry fish
2 oz. Tamarind
2 tsp white cumin seeds
1 tsp sweet cumind seeds (lightly roast both the cumin seeds and grind)
20 red chillies (lightly roasted and ground)
a pinch of ground saffron
4 tbs vinegera
a small sprig of curry leaves
2 inch piece cinnamon
1 dessert spoonful sugar
1/2 teacup thick coconut milk
1. Wash and cut the dry fish into convenient sized pieces.
2. Squeeze the tamarind in the vinegar and mix with the ground coriander, cumins, chillies and saffron, add the curry leaves and cinnamon.
3. Mix all together and put the dry fish into this mixture.
4. Let it remain for about an hour or so.
5. Then take the dry fish out of the gravy and fry it in oil.
6. Mix the coconut milk with the gravy and pour it over the fried dry fish and stir over the fire till the ingredients are cooked.
7. Just before taking it off the fire, mix sugar in it.
I guess – by saffron you mean Turmeric ????