Chilli Chicken is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese dish across Indian sub-continent. Tender chicken pieces cooked in soy and chilli sauce with vegetables, this dish is served as an appetizer starter dish or as a snack.
There are numerous local variations to this iconic dish – some are made dry while some have a gravy to it.
Whether you take the dry or gravy, the dish is bound to make you drool and is considered healthy due to it low carb content. Hence this chicken dish is popular with those following keto diet or wanting to lose weight.
Serve it as an appetizer during weekend parties or as an evening snack to kids, this dish is ideal for any occasion. Serve it with fried rice, pulao or noodles.
Chilli Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Chilli Chicken
- 500 g Chicken boneless
- 2 Capsicum medium, diced
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 20 Shallots (Sambar Onions) chopped
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 4 tsp Butter
- as per taste Salt
- few Spring Onions - few chopped, to garnish
How to make Chilli Chicken
- Cook the chicken and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, capsicum, green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce and chilli sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve as a starter or with any rice dish.