Tomato and Basil Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer dish. A must-have dish for any weekend party, it is a quick meal when you are really short of time to make something nice.
It is also a wonderful way to use up any leftover bread.
Popular not only in Italy, but also in Europe and US, it is an Italian antipasto dish that has numerous toppings based on local flavours. It does not take long and requires very minimal ingredients.
Try this today and your family would love you!
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- 1 French Bread / Baguette about 15 to 20 inch
- 5 to 6 Tomatoes de-seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves chopped
- 100 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup Red Onions chopped
- handful Black Olives chopped
- Heat 2 tblsp olive oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic cloves until golden and keep aside.
- Mix the tomatoes, remaining olive oil, basil leaves and olives.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Grill them in a pan or toast them lightly in a pre-heated oven at 225C/450F for 5 minutes.
- Brush the both sides of the bread with the garlic-olive oil.
- Top it up with the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle some garlic oil on top.
- Garnish with basil or coriander leaves.