The chicken burger is a fast food item that is popular all over the world. It is often served with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.
A chicken burger can be made from either ground or chopped whole pieces of chicken meat. The meat may be mixed with bread crumbs and other ingredients before being formed into patties.
The dish was first introduced in the 1960s but it was not until the 1990s that it became popular in the United States. There are many variations of the dish, including tandoori chicken burgers and Peri Peri Chicken Burger.
- 250 g Chicken cooked, minced
- 1 Potato boiled, peeled, mashed
- 2 tbsp Green Peas shelled, cooked
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Carrot finely grated
- 3/4 cup Cheese grated
- 1/2 Capsicum finely chopped
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- little Oil
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- 3 to 4 Burger Buns halved, toasted
- as required Butter
- as required Tomato Ketchup
- handful Lettuce chopped
- Slices of Onion
- Slices of Tomato
- Slices of Cucumber
- Cheese Slices optional
- as required Mayonnaise
- Heat little oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Saute the vegetables (carrot, onion, capsicum) for a minute and remove.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, peas, cheese, salt, tomato ketchup, coriander leaves, green chillies, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well and shape the mixture into 3 to 4 medium sized balls.
- Flatten these balls into patties and dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat little oil in a nonstick pan.
- Fry the prepared patties, on both sides, for a minute or two or until crispy.
- Place the buns on a flat surface.
- Apply some butter on one half and some mayonnaise on the other.
- Place some lettuce on one half followed by the cooked burger patty and a slice of cheese.
- Top up with a slice of tomato, onion and cucumber.
- Sprinkle a bit of pepper powder.
- Cover with the other half and serve at once.