A delicious and popular street food (chaat) item from Mumbai. Puri’s stuffed with a potato mixture and topped up with chutnies, sev and onions.
Potatoes – 4 to 6, boiled, peeled, chopped
Crisp Puris – 40 to 50 (available readymade)
Onions – 2 to 3, big, chopped
Mint Coriander Chutney – 1/4 cup (recipe here)
Garlic Chilli Chutney – 2 tsp (available readymade or use 1/2 tsp garlic paste and 1 tsp green chilli paste) (optional)
Tamarind Dates Chutney – 1/2 cup (recipe here)
Green Mango – 1, chopped
Plain Sev – 2 cups
Chaat Masala Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
1. Add the potatoes and mango to a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle some salt and chilli powder.
3. Mix well.
4. Arrange some of the puris on a plate.
5. Make a small hole in the puris and add some of the potato mixture to each puri.
6. Sprinkle some onions on top.
7. Add some of the mint coriander chutney and garlic chilli chutney to each puri.
8. Sprinkle sev and chaat masala powder on top.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !