A healthy and simple upma with bread slices.
Wheat Bread Slices – 8 to 10, cut into cubes or small squares
Carrot – 100 gms
Green Peas – 100 gms
Beans – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 4
Onions – 2, big
Bengal Gram Dal – little
Mustard Seeds – little
Urad Dal – little
Ginger – 1/4 tsp, grated
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
1. Add turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder to the bread slices and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add a little water and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pn.
4. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and bengal gram dal for 30 seconds.
5. Saute the onions, green chillies and ginger for a minute.
6. Add the carrot, green peas, beans and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add a little water and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
9. Squeeze out any excess water from the bread and add to the pan.
10. Mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Switch off the flame.
12. Serve hot.
Note: If you are unable to find wheat bread, use brown bread.