A simple and delicious biryani made with button mushrooms and masala. You can also use other varieties of mushrooms. Makes a great lunch or dinner dish.
Basmati Rice – 250 gms, soaked for 15 minutes
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Button Mushrooms – 10, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped (optional)
Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Saunf – 1 tsp
Cumin Seedss – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Bay Leaf – 2
Garlic – 10 cloves
Cloves – 2
Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cardamoms – 2
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add ghee and oil.
3. Saute the onions till golden.
4. Add the ground paste, tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, mint leaves, coriander leaves and stir well.
5. Cook till the oil starts to separate.
6. Pour 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
7. Add the soaked rice and cover with a lid.
8. Cook till the rice is done.
9. Remove from flame and mix well.
10. Transfer to a plate and serve hot with onion raita.
twice i prepared this dish and it was awesome, got really good comments…. !!
its really so good…. it tried it, it came so well
This is the first biryani I have made and it was very easy and very delicious, thanks very much! Lisa