Cream of Tomato Soup is a classic Indian soup popular across the country. A rich and creamy soup that is loved by kids and adults alike.
This soup is a comfort food for any part of the year. During the summer you can have this cold and during the winter you can have this warm with a choice of accompaniments – grilled cheese sandwich, breadsticks or croutons.
A restaurant favorite, the soup has numerous variations (just like any other Indian dish) with local flavours added. This recipe is simple and easy to make at home.
Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Cream of Tomato Soup
- 2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tsp Butter
- 1 Small Onion peeled and chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove peeled, minced
- as per taste Salr
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
How to make Cream of Tomato Soup
- Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle a little salt and saute until the onions are soft, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the stock and some salt.
- Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the milk and flour.
- Mix well.
- Blend the mixture in a blender and strain the soup into a medium pan.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Add salt and black pepper powder to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cream is added instead of milk in some places.
- You can use water instead of vegetable stock.