A great pizza for the weekend. Perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner.
- Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
- Basil Leaves – few, chopped
- Cherry Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
- Pizza Base – 1 (recipe here)
- Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
- Spinach – 50 gms, cleaned, washed, chopped, cooked
- Mushrooms – 150 gms, sliced
- Mozzarella Cheese – 75 gms, sliced
- Tomato Puree – 1/4 cup, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and saute for a minute or until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Simmer for a few minutes or until thickened.
- Add cherry tomatoes and stir well.
- Place the pizza base on a flat surface.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the pizza base.
- Add the mushrooms over the sauce.
- Scatter the spinach leaves and cheese slices on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Remove and cool.
- Slice and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !