A great pizza for the weekend. Perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner.
Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
Basil Leaves – few, chopped
Cherry Tomatoes – 200 gms, chopped
Pizza Base – 1 (recipe here)
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Spinach – 50 gms, cleaned, washed, chopped, cooked
Mushrooms – 150 gms, sliced
Mozzarella Cheese – 75 gms, sliced
Tomato Puree – 1/4 cup, mixed with 1/4 cup water
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the onions and saute for a minute or until soft.
3. Add the garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
5. Simmer for a few minutes or until thickened.
6. Add cherry tomatoes and stir well.
7. Place the pizza base on a flat surface.
8. Spread the tomato mixture over the pizza base.
9. Add the mushrooms over the sauce.
10. Scatter the spinach leaves and cheese slices on top.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
12. Remove and cool.
13. Slice and serve.