Also known as Mangalore Sweet Bun, this is a popular Mangalorean tea time snack.
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Ripe Green Bananas – 2, peeled, mashed
Curd – 6 tsp
Sugar – 4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Cooking Soda – 2 pinches
Oil as required
Salt – a large pinch (or as per taste)
1. Combine the bananas, curd, salt, sugar, cumin seeds and cooking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Add this to the wheat flour and add a little oil.
4. Knead well and keep aside for 4 hours.
5. Make small balls of the dough and shape them into small circles (like a puri).
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
7. Fry the prepared buns until light golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve with chutney.