Bonda is a typical South Indian snack item. Serve as a tea time snack or evening appetizer.
Curd – 1 1/2 cups
Maida – 2 cups
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, finely chopped
Cashewnuts – 15 to 20, broken
Oil for frying
1. Beat the curd gently and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add maida, asafoetida powder, salt, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and cashew nuts.
3. Mix well until slightly thick.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Drop small balls of the dough and deep fry until light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve hot with chutney.