Shrimps – 225 gms, peeled, deveined
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
Curry Powder – 2 tsp
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Ginger – 3 tsp, grated
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Lemon Wedges to serve
1. Heat oil in a large pan.
2. Add onions, pepper powder and salt.
3. Stir and cover the pan with a lid.
4. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add ginger, garlic and cook for a minute.
6. Add curry powder and stir well.
7. Add the basmati rice and pour 1 cup of water.
8. Bring to a boil and stir well.
9. Reduce flame and cover with a pan.
10. Simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Add the peas and shrimps.
12. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes or until the rice is cooked and shrimp is opaque.
13. Garnish with the coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !