Palada Pradhaman is a traditional Kerala dessert recipe similar to Paal Payasam.
Rice Ada (or Rice Flakes) – 1/2 cup (rice ada is available readymade)
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Cardamoms – 4, broken
Cashew Nuts – few
Raisins – few
1. Heat a pan of water over medium flame and bring to a boil.
2. Add the rice ada and soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Drain and refresh under cold running water 2 to 3 times.
4. Drain completely.
5. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Add milk, sugar, cardamoms and pressure cook over medium flame.
7. Pressure cook until 1 whistle and remove from flame.
8. Transfer to a pan and place it over medium flame.
9. When it starts to thicken, switch off the flame.
10. Heat ghee in a pan.
11. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins for 30 seconds.
12. Add to the pradhaman on top.
13. Serve hot or chilled.