Tasty and spicy Vietnamese style Prawns with Lemongrass.
Prawns – 350 to 400 gms, peeled, deveined
Oil – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
For the marinade:
Fish Sauce – 1 tsp
Chinese Rice Wine – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Red Chilli – 1, small, seeds removd, minced
Black Pepper Powder – a pinch
Lemongrass – 1/2 stalk, thick bottom part only, inner part finely sliced and outer layers discarded
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, crushed
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Marinate the prawns in this for 30 to 45 minutes ensuring each prawn is well coated.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the prawns with the marinade and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until it turns pink.
6. Sprinkle salt and remove from flame.
7. Transfer to a serving plate.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with rice.
image credit: sidestreaker.blogspot.com