Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 tblsp
Saffron Strands – few
White Bread Slices – 2 to 3, crusts discarded and cut into triangles
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce flame and add the saffron strands.
4. Simmer for a few minutes till it resembles a thick sauce, stirring from time to time.
5. Remove from the flame and keep aside, covered.
6. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the bread slices till crisp and golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Transfer to a plate and pour the milk over it, ensuring they bread slices are covered properly.
11. If desired, garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.