Maida – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/3 tsp
Butter – 3/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 3/4 cup, powdered
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts – 15 to 20
Raisins – 15 to 20
Salt – a pinch
1. Mix together maida, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Sift three times and keep aside.
3. Beat the eggs until frothy in an another bowl.
4. Mix the butter and powdered sugar in a bowl.
5. Pour the beaten eggs into this and vanilla essence.
6. Mix well.
7. Slowly add the maida and mix well.
8. Gently pour the milk and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
9. Grease a cake tin and pour the mixture into it.
10. Sprinkle the cashewnuts and raisins on top.
11. Place the tin in a microwave oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the cake rises to the top and lightly browned.
12. Remove when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
13. To make the cake without microwave oven, half fill a large pan with sand.
14. Place it over medium flame.
15. When the sand is heated through, keep the cake tin on top.
16. Cover with a pressure cooker lid without gasket for 30 minutes.
17. Insert a knife into the center and if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
18. Remove, cool and cut into slices.
image credit: kitchenartistry.com