Vegetables : Â¼ kilo
Onions : 2
Tomato : 3
Salt : as needed
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
Curry leaves : a little
Chilli powder : 3 tsp
Coriander seeds powder : 1½ tsp
Saunf : 1tsp
To grind separately
Grated coconut : 3 tbsp
Cashewnut : 6
Poppy seeds : 2 tsp
Oil : 3 tbsp
Please note : Vegetables like peas, potato or cauliflower can be used together or separately for this preparation. Soaked chana can also be used.
* Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
* Cut onion and tomato finely.
* Grind chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and saunf.
* Grind coconut, cashewnut and poppy seeds into a paste.
* Heat oil in a pan add onions and sauté.
* Add tomato and salt and fry for sometime.
* Add ground chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and fry, closing the pan with a lid.
* When the pungent smell subsides, add vegetables and fry well.
* Add 1-1½ cups water, close it with a lid and let it boil.
* When the vegetables are cooked, add ground coconut paste.
* Stir well, while it boils and add curry leaves before removing from fire.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !