Chicken Kathi Roll is a dish which is not only loved by people in India but also across the world. The dish has a lot of variations and can be cooked in different ways.
The dish is made up of kathi rolls which are filled with chicken, veggies, and other spices.
The Chicken Kathi Roll is a popular street food in Indian cuisine.
Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Kathi Roll
- 250 g Boneless Chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 to 6 Egg Parathas or as required (see recipe here)
- 1 tbsp Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Green Chillies chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- as per taste Salt
For the salad filling:
- 1 Onion large, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes medium, chopped
How to make Chicken Kathi Roll
- In a large bowl combine the chicken pieces, onions, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, green chillies, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well and keep aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and cook on a charcoal fire or bake at 180C/350F till done.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients and keep aside.
- To assemble the roll, place a paratha on a flat surface lined with grease proof paper.
- Place a few chicken pieces in the center.
- Add a spoonful of the salad on top.
- Roll the paratha tightly over the stuffing.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.