Rum and raisin cupcakes are a delicious dessert. They are moist, fluffy, and sweet. They are perfect for the holiday season. The rum gives them a nice rich flavor that is made even better by the raisins.
One of the most popular desserts in the world, cupcakes are also one of the easiest to make.
A lot of people love them for how delicious they are, while others enjoy baking them to share with their friends and family. However, cupcakes are not perfect- at least not without a little bit of creativity.
Rum and Raisin Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients for Rum and Raisin Cupcakes
- 4 tblsp Dark Rum
- 1/4 cup Raisins soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tblsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter soft, sweetened
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated
- 1 cup Cake Mix available in supermarket
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- as per taste Salt
How to make Rum and Raisin Cupcakes
- Combine 1 1/2 tblsp of rum, butter, sugar, cake flour, baking powder, eggs, buttermilk and salt in a bowl.
- Mix and beat well until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the raisins and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into paper baking cups and place them in a muffin pans.
- Transfer the pans to a preheated oven and bake at 350F/175C for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix 2 1/2 tblsp rum and brown sugar in a pan over low heat.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven and prick holes in each cake.
- Pour the rum syrup over and keep aside to cool.