Lacha Paratha (or also known as Lachcha Paratha / Lachha Paratha) is a popular North Indian flaky, multi-layered paratha. Ideal for lunch or dinner, serve with a gravy side dish of choice.
Wheat Flour – 250 gms
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Warm water as required
1. In a large and wide bowl, mix the wheat flour and salt.
2. Gradually add water and mix to a chapati dough consistency.
3. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Pinch a big lemon sized ball and flatten lightly.
5. Apply little oil on one side and roll to a thin disc.
6. Twist and roll this spirally into a ball.
7. Apply a little oil on top and roll it into a medium disc. Do not apply too much pressure else the layers will combine into one.
8. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
9. Cook the prepared paratha on both sides, applying little oil around the edges.
10. Repeat until all dough is used.
11. Serve with side dish of choice.