This delicious Mexican style Chicken and Tomato Salsa wrap is a great weekday lunch dish. Ideal for office or school lunch, it is simple and easy to make. Perfect for those weekend parties or sunday brunch.
Chicken – 2 cups, cooked, shredded, boneless, skinless
Sweet Corn Kernels – 250 gms, boiled, drained
Red Capsicum – 1/2 cup, sliced
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Tomato Salsa – 1/4 cup (recipe here)
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Tortillas (or Plain Rotis) – 4 to 5
Lettuce Leaves – handful, torn
Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled, boiled, drained
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Mix the peas and lime juice in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
3. Mix and mash well.
4. Grill the capsicum strips until lightly blackened.
5. Lightly warm the tortillas and place them on a flat surface.
6. Spread the peas mixture.
7. Top up with lettuce, chicken, capsicum and corn.
8. Sprinkle cheese on top and drizzle with some salsa.
9. Roll the wraps tightly.
10. Serve at once or cover with wrap and keep it in the fridge until required.
image via homemadebyyou