Paneer burgers are a popular dish in India. The dish is made out of paneer with a mixture of vegetables and spices wrapped in a thin bread bun and fried on the grill.
These burgers are very similar to traditional burgers; however they have the distinct taste of spicy Indian seasonings. The burgers are easy to make and can be prepared in about 20 to 30 minutes.
Paneer Burger Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Burger
- 2 Burger Buns
- handful Lettuce Leaves crisp
- 3/4 cup Paneer grated
- 1/4 cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tblsp Corn Kernels boiled
- 2 tblsp Walnuts coarsely ground
- 1 Onion small, chopped
- 2 to 3 tblsp Maida (Plain Flour)
- 3/4 tblsp Vegetable Seasoning Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Paste
- 1/2 tblsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tblsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tblsp Sesame Seeds
- as required Water
For the mayonnaise dressing:
- 2 tblsp Mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tblsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 1/2 to 2 tblsp Milk
- a pinch Black Pepper Powder
For the vegetable seasoning powder:
- 1 tblsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tblsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tblsp Dried Onion minced
- 1 tblsp Onion Powder
- 1 tblsp Salt
How to make Paneer Burger
- Mix all the vegetable seasoning powder ingredients and keep aside.
- Mix all the mayonnaise dressing ingredients and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sesame seeds, maida and 1/4 cup of water.
- In another bowl, mix the paneer, cabbage, corn kernels, walnuts, onion, mustard seeds, veg seasoning, oregano, ketchup, soy sauce and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions and shape into round patties.
- Dip each patty in the sesame and maida batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the patties for 2 to 3 minutes or till brown and cooked through.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Halve the burger buns and lightly butter one side.
- Toast them on a pan till crisp on both sides.
- Put the lettuce leaves on the bottom half.
- Place a patty and spoon some herb mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover with the top half.
- Serve with ketchup.
- To keep the lettuce crisp till serving time, dip them in cold water.
- You can also add onion rings, sliced tomatoes, pickled jalapenos or cucumbers on top of the patty.