Chicken – 1 kg, cut into bite-sized pieces
Ginger – 1 tblsp, julienned, for garnish
Garlic – 10 cloves, minced
Black Peppercorns – 2 tblsp, crushed
Soy Sauce – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Brandy – 2 tblsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken pieces and combine well with the marinade.
3. Keep aside in a fridge for 4 hours.
4. Grill the chicken under a broiler or over hot charcoal, turning from time to time, until browned on all sides or for about 30 minutes.
5. Mix all the sweet thai chilli sauce ingredients in a pan.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly.
7. Serve the chicken with the sweet thai chilli sauce and plain rice garnished with ginger juliennes.