Sesame Oil – 2 tsp + 4 tblsp
Sour Curd – 1/2 cup, whisked
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Sesame Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2, halved
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 6, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
1. Grease a thali with 2 tsp oil and set aside.
2. Mix curd with 1 cup of water and whisk well.
3. Add rice flour gradually to make a smooth batter without any lumps.
4. Mix in salt and coriander leaves.
5. Heat oil for tempering in a deep frying pan over moderate heat.
6. Add the remaining tempering ingredients.
7. When mustard seeds start spluttering, pour in 2 1/2 cups of water and bring to boil over high heat.
8. Lower heat and pour in the batter.
9. Cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes till water is almost absorbed, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
10. Add 4 tblsp of oil and keep stirring till mixture leaves the sides of pan.
11. Pour onto greased thali and allow to cool.
12. Serve as a snack or as part of a meal.