Peanuts – 1/2 cup, shelled
Oil – 3 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 3 to 4
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Coconut – 3 tblsp, grated
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
1. Steam cook the groundnuts for about 8 minutes and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
3. Add mustard seeds, red chillies, green chillies, urad dal and asaofoetida.
4. Fry till dal turns brown.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in the same pan.
7. Add onions and fry till golden.
8. Remove and keep aside.
9. Mix all the ingredients.
10. Sprinkl 3 tblsp of water and grind to a smooth consistency.
11. Serve as a side dish to idli, dosai or with plain rice.
Verkadalai Thuvaiyal Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Verkadalai Thuvaiyal from Awesome Cuisine.