Looking for a pasta dish that will leave you craving more? Look no further than this tempting recipe for Lemon Chicken Pasta. This dish will satisfy even the most discerning palates with its zesty flavours and creamy textures.
The combination of tender, boneless chicken breasts and al dente pasta create a perfect harmony of flavours and textures. The chicken is first pounded to a thin and delicate thickness, then seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. It is then coated in flour and cooked to perfection, ensuring a crispy and golden exterior.
But it’s the sauce that truly sets this dish apart. A delightful blend of garlic, white wine, and lemon juice creates a tangy and aromatic sauce that perfectly complements the chicken and pasta. Adding oregano, chilli flakes, and grated cheese adds flavour. At the same time, coriander leaves provide a fresh and herbaceous note.
This Lemon Chicken Pasta is delicious and incredibly easy to make. You can create a restaurant-quality dish right in your kitchen in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a quick and satisfying meal, this recipe is a must-try.
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 125 g Pasta
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Cheese grated
- handful Coriander Leaves or Basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- as per taste Salt
- Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder on top.
- Dredge it in the flour on both sides and shake off any excess.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions for al dente.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and keep it warm.
- To the same pan, add the remaining oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic over medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen the browned bits from the pan.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Reserve some of the pasta water.
- Add the oregano, chilli flakes, grated cheese, coriander leaves, garlic mixture, salt and pepper powder.
- Toss well and add a little of the pasta water if it is too dry.
- Transfer the chicken and the pasta to a serving plate.
- Drizzle some of the remaining garlic mixture and garnish with coriander leavs.
- Garnish with cheese if desired and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lemon Chicken Pasta
Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of pasta for this Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe. While the recipe suggests using any pasta, you can choose your favourite variety, such as penne, spaghetti, or fusilli. Just cook it according to the packet instructions for al dente texture.
Can I substitute chicken with shrimp or tofu?
Absolutely! If you prefer shrimp or tofu over chicken, you can easily replace them in this Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe. You can cook shrimp in the same pan as the chicken, ensuring they are cooked through. You can lightly fry or bake tofu before adding it to the pasta. Both options will add a delicious twist to the dish.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the chicken?
You can make a vegetarian version of Lemon Chicken Pasta by omitting the chicken altogether. Skip the step of cooking the chicken and focus on the pasta and flavours. You can enhance the vegetarian version by adding extra vegetables like roasted bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, or sautéed mushrooms for added texture and taste.
What are some side dishes or suitable pairings for Lemon Chicken Pasta?
Lemon Chicken Pasta pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Some delicious options include a fresh garden salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing, garlic bread or breadsticks for dipping, or roasted vegetables like asparagus or broccoli. For a complete meal, you can also serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a light soup such as tomato or minestrone.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?
While Lemon Chicken Pasta is best enjoyed fresh, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it later. To do so:
- Cook the pasta and chicken separately.
- When ready to serve, reheat the pasta in a pan with olive oil or butter, adding a splash of water or broth to keep it moist.
- Once heated through, add the chicken and toss everything together. This will help maintain the flavours and textures of the dish.