A simple, homemade broccoli pasta with no cheese. Kids would love this tasty treat and is ideal as an after-school munch or dinner.
Pasta – 1 cup (any variety), cooked as per packet instructions
Broccoli – 1 cup, finely chopped
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree (or Sauce) – 1 tblsp (optional)
Red Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped (optional)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir well.
3. Saute for a minute.
4. Add the chopped broccoli pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, stir well and cook for a minute more.
6. Add the pasta and salt.
7. Stir well.
8. When all the ingredients are evenly combined, remove from flame.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve warm.