Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 3
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
1. Wash the potatoes and pressure cook them for 5 minutes.
2. Chop the onion, green chillies and coriander leaves finely.
3. Heat the oil for tempering in a kadai over moderate heat.
4. Temper it with the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
5. When they start to crackle, add the onion and green chillies.
6. Saute until the onion turns light brown.
7. Mix in the ginger-garlic paste and turmeric powder.
8. Saute for a few minutes.
9. Add the water and salt.
10. Lower the heat or switch off the flame until the potatoes are cooked.
11. Plunge the cooked potatoes into cold water.
12. Peel and mash coarsely.
13. Add the potatoes to the kadai.
14. Mix until well blended.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and mix them in evenly.