Idlis are a popular breakfast item across South India. Rava Idli is a variation to the plain Idlis and combined with the goodness of oats, they are not only easy to make but also a healthy breakfast option.
Rava – 1 cup
Rolled Oats – 1 cup
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely cut
Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Carrot – 1/4 cup, diced
Sour Curds – 1 1/2 cups, thick and whipped
Salt to taste
Cooking Soda – 1/4 tsp (mix with a little curd and chopped coriander leaves)
Oil – 2 1/2 tblsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely cut
1. Roast oats with 1 tsp of ghee until golden.
2. Keep aside.
3. Roast rava separately with 1 tsp of ghee.
4. Mix both together and allow to cool.
5. Add curds, salt and mix well.
6. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
7. Heat oil.
8. Add seasonings, onion, chilli paste, diced carrots and peas.
9. Pour over soaked rava along with cooking soda mixture.
10. Mix well and add more curds if required to prepare a pouring consistency batter.
11. Pour in greased idli plates and cook for 10 minutes.
12. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !