Sponge Cake – 1/2
For the Lemon Snow Topping:
Skimmed Milk – 2 cups
Refined Flour (maida) – 4 tsp
Gelatine – 6 tsp, mixed in hot water
Juice of Lemons – 2
Lemon Rind – 1 tsp, grated
Lemon Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Egg – 4, whites only
Salt – a pinch
Cream of Tartar – a pinch
1. Add the refined flour to the skimmed milk.
2. Bring it to a boil, and simmer till thick.
3. Remove from the flame, add the gelatine, stir till it dissolves.
4. When the milk mixture cools a little, add the lemon juice, rind, essence and artificial sweetener.
5. Put the lemon essence and artificial sweetener.
6. Put the lemon mixture in the freezer.
7. When it is almost set remove and whip till it is smooth.
8. Whip the egg whites with salt and cream of tartar.
9. Fold into the lemon mixture carefully and chill again till it is nearly firm.
10. Top the sponge cake with this lemon mixture and serve.
11. Keep refrigerated.