1. Marinate the chicken with yogurt, kachri powder and salt.
2. Keep aside for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Mix together the chicken, garlic paste, red chilli powder and oil.
4. Transfer to a pan and cook over low flame adding water gradually at intervals till the chicken becomes tender.
5. Transfer to a heat proof dish.
6. Smoke with ghee and cloves for a few minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
1. Kachri is a sour, cucumber like vegetable. It is sliced and stored dried. It acts as a tenderiser for lamb dishes and provides tanginess to the dishes.
2. To smoke, heat a piece of coal over the flame till it becomes red hot. Overlap 2 to 3 onion peels to form a small cup. Place it in the middle of the dish with the preparation to be smoked. Place the coal in the onion-peel cup. Put 1 tsp of ghee on the coal. Immediately cover with a lid and smoke for 5 to 7 minutes.