Soya Chunks – 50 gms
Paneer – 200 gms
Onion – 1/2 cup, cut lengthwise
Bay Leaf – 1
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil or Ghee – for frying
Fry and Grind Together:
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Coriander Seeds – 1 tblsp
Green Chillies – 4, cut
Garlic – 4 flakes
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Mint – 1/2 bunch
Poppy Seeds – 1 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 6
Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
1. Boil water in a pressure pan.
2. Add soya chunks and close the lid.
3. Keep the weight and cook until one whistle.
4. When the pressure subsides open the lid, drain and add fresh water.
5. Cool down squeeze and cut soya into two pieces.
6. Melt ghee, add the cinnamon, coriander seeds, green chillies, garlic, ginger and mint. Saute well , cool and grind it to a coarse paste.
7. Soak poppy seeds in hot water and grind it to a smooth paste along with cashew and coconut.
8. Dice paneer into small cubes.
9. Heat oil in a kadai, saute bay leaf, cinnamon, onion until golden brown.
10. Add squeezed soya, paneer, ground paste (from step 6) and cook until good aroma comes from the masala.
11. Add salt, ground poppy seeds, cashewnut and coconut paste, 1/2 cup milk and bring to boil.
12. Cook until thick and serve hot.