Capsicums – 4 to 5, medium
Coconut – 4 tblsp, grated
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – a handful
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Refined Oil – 2 tblsp
Bay Leaves – 2
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 1 tblsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 tblsp
1. Wash and cut capsicum into fairly large size pieces, chop coriander leaves.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water to coconut gratings, keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. When cool, squeeze gratings to extract thick milk. Repeat process by adding 1 1/2 cups boiling water to coconut and take out thin milk. Keep both separate.
4. Heat oil, add bay leaves and onion.
5. Fry till onion tuns light brown in colour.
6. Add garlic paste along with turmeric and chilli powders, fry till oil surfaces.
7. Add capsicum pieces and continue frying on low heat till they turn soft.
8. Add thin coconut milk with half of the coriander leaves, salt, sugar and tamarind extract. Simmer for a while.
9. Mix rice flour with a little water, add to capsicums and allow to cook till gravy is thick and well blended.
10. Now add thick milk, rest of the coriander leaves, simmer just once, remove from fire.
11. Serve hot.