Ripe Avocados – 4
Spring Onions – 2, finely chopped
Vegetable Stock – 850 ml, strongly flavoured
Soured Cream – 150 ml, plus extra to serve
Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
Tabasco Sauce – few drops
Juice of 1 Lime
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, plus extra to garnish
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the avocados in half lengthways and twist the two halves in opposite directions to separate.
2. Stab the stone with the point of a sharp knife and lift out of the avocado.
3. Peel, then coarsely chop the avocado havles and place in the food processor or blender with the shallot, stock, soured cream, tomato puree, tabasco, lime juice, chopped coriander and salt and pepper.
4. Process until smooth, then taste and add more tabasco, lime juice and salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for atleast 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
6. Divide the soup between 4 chilled serving bowls and serve, topped with a spoonful of soured cream and garnished with extra chopped coriander.