Raw mango – 1 (large sized, sliced into pieces)
Tamarind – 1 (marble sized)
Fish – 900 gms, cut into big pieces
Onions – 1 cup, chopped
Curry leaves – few
Green chillies – 4, medium sized, slit
Salt as per taste
Grind into a smooth paste:
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Coconut – 1 cup, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Aniseeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Rinse the fish pieces. Clean it properly. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to a cup of water. Immerse the fish pieces in it. This is to get rid of any unpleasant smell.
2. Soak tamarind in water. Extract juice from it. Keep aside.
3. Combine the fish pieces, mango pieces, green chillies and onions. Add tamarind juice and a little salt.
4. Heat them together in a pan. Cook till the ingredients soften.
5. Sprinkle the ground items. Put the lid on and cook on low heat for a while. This is to eliminate the raw smell.
6. Season it with oil and seeds. Put in the cleaned curry leaves.
7. Allow it to boil for sometime. Remove from heat.
8. Serve hot with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !