1/2 cup Milk
2 tbsp Condensed Milk
2 tsp Dry Yeast
2 tsp Sugar
Warm water as required
250 gms Flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp Butter, melted
a pinch of Salt
Oil to deep fry
Powdered sugar – to coat
Cinnamon powder – to coat
Melted chocoloate – to coat (optional)
1. Put the milk in a pan, stir in the condensed milk and warm gently.
2.. Mix the yeast with the sugar and warm water to make a paste, cover for 20 minutes or until it begins to froth.
3. Mix the prepared yeast with two tbsp of the flour and enough warm milk to make a soft dough, allow the flour to ferment for 1 hour.
4. Put the remaining flour in a bowl, add the egg, butter, salt and the remaining milk and mix.
5. Add the fermented flour to the dough, knead well, then cover the dough with a piece of polythene and allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
6. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 1/4″ and cut it into rings with a doughnut cutter.
7. Heat the oil in a wok, deep fry the doughnuts, drain and roll them in powdered sugar and cinnamon or dip in melted chocolate.