Plain flour – 250 gms
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
Bananas – 3 ripe, peeled
Eggs – 3
Brown sugar – 250 gms
Butter or margerine – 250 gms
Hot milk – 2 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Juice of half a lemon
Lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Beat the bananas in a mixie at moderate speed till well mashed, then beat in the eggs, sugar and butter. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Fold the dry ingredients gradually into the banana mixture, using a spatula and alternately adding the hot milk.
4. Stir in the raisins, lemon juice and lemon zest.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased loaf tin that is lined with butter paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for about 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, when inserted in the center of the loaf.
Tip: Use very ripe bananas to get the correct flavour.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !