Here is a desi twist to the famous Italian dish – pasta cooked in Indian style chana masala. Very easy to make with everyday ingredients and is bound to be a hit with the children.
- Pasta – 1 cup
- Chickpeas – 1/4 cup
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Onion – 1, Finely sliced
- Green Chilli – 1, Finely chopped
- Pasta Sauce – 2 tblsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Kasoori Methi – Little
- Coriander Leaves – Few
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cook the pasta with required water and little salt.
- Drain off the excess water in strainer.
- Keep it aside.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and cook in pressure cooker for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Drain and reserve the excess water.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add oil and temper with cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook till nice aroma.
- Add the sliced onion, green chillies and cook till the onions turn soft.
- Add the pasta sauce, red chilli powder, chana masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Fry the powders until raw smell disappears.
- Add the cooked channa with 2 tblsp of reserved water.
- Allow it to cook for a while.
- When a gravy consistency is formed, add the cooked pasta’s and toss them well.
- Mix until all the spice powders are coated well with pasta.
- Crush the kasoori methi leaves and add them and mix well.
- Cook for a while in low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !