Tomato Cheese Pulao is a very popular and easy to make dish. Popular as a street food in Mumbai, the pulao is a perfect recipe for kids. This variation of the original dish adds cheese to the dish and is delicious & flavourful.
- Raw Rice/ Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 300gms
- Onions – 2, Finely sliced
- Green Chillies – 4, Finely sliced
- Garlic – 15 Cloves
- Ginger – Small Piece, peeled and washed
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cardamons – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon Sticks – 4
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Ghee – 1 tblsp
- Oil – 3 tblsp
- Cheese – 100gms, Grated
- Mint Leaves – Few
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Crush the ginger and garlic nicely.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel the outer skin.
- Blend them to a fine paste in a mixer.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it.
- Add all the masalas – cardamons, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and temper it.
- Add the sliced onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saute them until golden brown.
- Add the red chilli powder, ground tomato paste and 2 cups of water, salt and mix well.
- Let it boil and add rice to it.
- Close them with a lid and keep the flame to low.
- Keep mixing it between and when the rice is cooked well, add garam masala powder, mint leaves and grated cheese.
- Lastly add the ghee and mix it gently and remove from fire.
- Serve hot with raita.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !