The Double Cheeseburger is a fast food dish consisting of two hamburger patties, with cheese and usually other toppings. It was introduced in the 1940s and became one of the staples in fast-food restaurants. In the United States, it is often served with french fries and a soft drink.
Double Cheeseburger Recipe
Ingredients for Double Cheeseburger
- 400 g Minced Beef
- 3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 2 tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil extra for brushing
- 2 Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 2 Burger Buns halved
- as per taste Sea Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- Tomato Slices
- 2 Dill Pickle halved
- Tomato Ketchup
- French Fries
How to make Double Cheeseburger
- Mix the beef mince, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, tomato puree, mustard powder, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl.
- Divide this mixture into 4 equal portions and flatten them into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Brush the burger patties with olive oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden and cooked.
- Remove and place it on one half of the burger bun.
- Place a cheese slice on top and cover with another patty.
- Top up the patty with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Spread mayonnaise on the other half of the bun and cover the burger.
- Serve with french fries, dill pickles and tomato ketchup.