Chalimidi is a sweet dish popular in Andhra Pradesh. Made using rice flour and jaggery, it is made during festival and special occasion times.
- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery – 1 cup
- Cashew nuts – Few
- Grated Coconut – 4 tblsp
- Water – As Required
- Ghee – 2 tblsp
- Wash and soak the rice for 8 hours.
- Drain the excess water and spread the rice on a white cloth.
- Do not dry it completely, the rice should be little wet.
- Using a mixer, blend the rice into smooth powder.
- Sieve them and set aside.
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Add ghee, grated coconut and cashew nuts.
- Fry them until golden brown.
- Take them and keep it aside.
- To the same pan, add the jaggery and 2 tblsp of water and dissolve them.
- When the jaggery turns to a syrup consistency, Add the cardamom powder.
- Mix the rice flour and keep stirring it.
- When the mixture turns thick, add the fried ingredients and mix them.
- Remove from fire and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Make small balls or any desired shape and serve them.
- This can be stored for a week in an air tight container.