Sathumaavu Kozhukattai (or Health Mix Modak) is a simple and healthy twist to the normal kozhukattai made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Sathu Maavu is a nutritious & healthy mix that is traditionally given to babies and is packed with nutrients.
- Sathu Maavu/ Health Mix – 2 cups
- Puttu Flour – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 2 1/2 cups
- Coconut – 1/4 cup, Grated
- Cardamom Powder – 2 tsp
- Water – As Required
- Salt to Taste
- Take bowl, add the sathu maavu mix, puttu flour, coconut, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat another pan, add jaggery and water.
- Add required water so that the jaggery gets dissolved.
- Remove and filter the jaggery water to remove any dust.
- Take a pan and add water to it.
- Add the required salt to the kozhukattai in water and boil it.
- Remove from fire.
- Add the filtered jaggery water and slowly add the hot water to the flour mixture.
- Knead them to the kozhukattai consistency.
- Do not add all the water.
- Gradually add them to the flour.
- Make the desired shape of kozhakattai from the mixture.
- Grease the idli mould and steam the prepared kozhakattai’s for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from steam and serve hot.
- This kozhukattai is very healthy and tasty.