Kozhukattai (or Modak) is a popular Ganesh Chaturthi festival recipe to usher in the prosperity and good luck at home. Kozhukattai (Modak) is said to be a favorite dish of Lord Ganesha. This is a delicious chocolatey variation of the traditional kozhukattais. It can also be given as a gift for loved ones.
- Processed Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Water as Required
For the Chocolate Filling:
- Choco Chips – 1/2 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 8, chopped
- Powdered Sugar – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tblsp
- For the fillings, take a pan and heat it over low-medium flame.
- Add the choco chips and melt them.
- Add the grated coconut, almonds, powdered sugar and ghee.
- Mix well until they get mixed evenly.
- When the mixture turns thick, remove from flame.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Take a pan and add boil water.
- Add 2 tsp of oil/ghee and salt to it.
- When the water starts to boil, gradually add the rice flour along the sides.
- Keep stirring until the mixture turns thick.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Remove from flame and gently knead them.
- Make small balls from the mixture and flatten them to disc shape.
- Keep 1 or 2 tsp of fillings, and close the balls.
- Steam cook the prepared kozhukattai’s in a greased idli plate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !