Large and raw tiget prawns – 600 gms, deveined, washed and marinated in salt for 15 minutes
Vegetable oil – 5 tbsp
Onions – 5, large and thinly sliced
Fresh ginger – 2 tbsp, chopped
Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Coconut cream – 60 ml
Coconut milk – 160 ml
Fresh and sieved tamarind water – 2 tbsp
Spring onion – 1, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Fry the sliced onions in hot oil for 10 minutes or till they get golden brown.
2. Add the ginger and green chilli and fry for a minute.
3. Mix the turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powders.
4. Now add and saute the coconut cream until the oil separates out from the mix.
5. Pour the mixture of coconut milk and tamarind and bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 15 minutes at low flame. Add salt to taste.
6. Dip the prawns into the sauce, and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked. The sauce should be of pouring consistency.
7. Garnish with shredded spring onion and serve with rice.