Pork Fat – 100 gms, diced
Raw Prawns – 500 gms
Spring Onions – 2, chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Egg White – 1
Fish Sauce – 2 tbslp
White Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Lettuce Leaves – 6,, torn into strips
Mint Leaves – few sprigs
Vietnamese Mint Leaves – few sprigs
Coriander Leaves – few sprigs
Peanut Dipping Sauce to serve
1. Place pork fat, prawn meat, white parts of spring onion, ginger, egg white, fish sauce and pepper in a food processor.
2. Grind to a smooth paste.
3. Add 3 tblsp of cold water and process until light and smooth.
4. Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls using wet hands and flatten slightly.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
6. Fry in two batches for 2 minutes turning once, until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Transfer to a serving plate.
9. To serve, fold a strip of lettuce around a prawn cake, adding a few herbs and a smear of the sauce.
10. Secure with a toothpick.