Mutton – 500 gms, chopped
Curd – 375 gms, whisked
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1/2 tblsp
Cardamoms – 4 (2 green and 2 brown)
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Black Peppercorns – 2 to 3
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the mutton pieces for 30 minutes on low flame, adding enough water and salt.
2. Remove and reserve the water. Keep the mutton pieces aside.
3. Combine the curd, turmeric powder, ginger powder, fennel powder, cumin powder and coriander powder in a bowl.
4. Mix well and keep aside.
5. Heat a pan over medium flame.
6. Add the curd mixture and stir it from time to time.
7. Add salt and cook to a gentle boil.
8. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 30 minutes or till it is reduced by 1/3rd.
9. Fry the cardamoms, cinnmon, peppercorns and cloves in ghee and add to the curd mixture.
10. Simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes until thick and creamy.
11. Now add the mutton pieces and combine well.
12. Cook for another 45 to 60 minutes or till the mutton is tender.
13. Remove and serve hot with rice.
image credit: kothamally.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !